ดร.พันธุ์อาจ ชัยรัตน์

ผู้อำนวยการสำนักงานนวัตกรรมแห่งชาติ (องค์การมหาชน)

ดร.พันธุ์อาจ ชัยรัตน์

หนังสือ “ร้อยคนไทยหัวใจนวัตกรรม” เล่มที่สอง นอกจากได้รวบรวมผู้สร้างแรงบันดาลใจร้อยท่านในการสร้างการเปลี่ยนแปลงด้านต่าง ๆ อีกครั้งหนึ่งและยังเป็นการพิสูจน์ว่าคนไทยทุกเพศทุกวัยมีความสามารถทางนวัตกรรมที่หลากหลาย แม้ว่าบางคนอาจมองว่าบุคคลเหล่านั้นไม่ใช่นวัตกร เพราะเขาเหล่านั้นไม่ใช่นักวิทยาศาสตร์ ไม่ได้ใช้เทคโนโลยีชั้นสูงใด ๆ ในการทำงาน แต่หากมองอย่างลึกซึ้งแล้ว ผลงานของเขาเหล่านั้นได้สร้างการเปลี่ยนแปลงอย่างมากต่อวงการ เป็นการทำงานที่เกิดจากเปลี่ยนแปลงกระบวนทัศน์และกระบวนการ ซึ่งเป็นหัวใจของคำว่า “นวัตกรรม”

จุดเด่นของหนังสือเล่มนี้คือ การเปิดมุมมองใหม่ให้กับคำว่า “นวัตกรรม” โดยเผยให้เห็นถึงบริบทที่อ่อนโยน หรือที่เรียกว่า “Soft Innovation” ซึ่งเป็นการปรับเปลี่ยนองค์ประกอบด้านสุนทรียะ รูป รส กลิ่น เสียง สัมผัส ซึ่งเป็นการสร้างคุณค่าที่เหลือประมาณ

ในโลกยุคปัจจุบัน แม้ว่าจะมีสินค้าใหม่ ๆ ที่ถูกทำให้มองว่าเป็นสินค้านวัตกรรม แต่เมื่อพินิจให้ลึกลงไปแล้ว สิ่งที่เป็นนวัตกรรมจริง ๆ ของสินค้านั้น หรือสิ่งที่เป็นการเปลี่ยนแปลงด้านเทคโนโลยี หรือที่เรียกว่า “Hard Innovation” อาจมีอยู่ไม่ถึงร้อยละ 10 แต่ส่วนที่ใหม่อีกร้อยละ 90 ของสินค้ากลับเป็นการออกแบบ การใช้สุนทรียศาสตร์ และวิธีการทางการตลาด

เมื่อเราได้ตื่นจากภวังค์ของมนตราที่ตรึงใจ เราคิดว่านวัตกรรมคือการใช้วิทยาศาสตร์และเทคโนโลยีเท่านั้น โอกาสจึงกลับมาสู่คนไทยอีกครั้ง เพราะเราเป็นชาติที่มีความประณีตบรรจง มีความคิดสร้างสรรค์ และที่สำคัญมีความอ่อนโยนนุ่มนวล สามารถจับจิตจับใจผู้รับสารและนำเสนอเนื้อหาให้มีความน่าดูน่าฟัง ดึงดูดความสนใจ ซึ่งถือเป็นมูลค่าที่สูงยิ่ง

หากท่านพบว่า ใครยังคิดแต่ว่านวัตกรรมคือสิ่งประดิษฐ์ที่จับต้องได้ นวัตกรรมคือการใช้วิทยาศาสตร์และเทคโนโลยี นวัตกรรมคือสิ่งที่ต้องใหม่แบบที่ไม่เคยมีที่ไหนมาก่อน ขอให้ท่านยื่นหนังสือเล่มนี้ให้เขา และบอกกับเขาว่า หนังสือเล่มนี้จะเป็นแรงบันดาลใจให้คุณเข้าสู่ “โลกแห่งศาสตร์และศิลป์ของนวัตกรรม”


The second issue of “100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers” does not only present the biographies of the 100 inspirers who have made great changes, but also proves that Thai people of all ages and genders have a wide range of innovative capabilities. Even though some people have not reckoned those inspirers as innovators as they are not scientists who employ any high technologies at work, when we look deeply, their works contribute a significant change to the innovation scene. Such changes are the result of the changes in paradigm and working process, both of which are at the heart of the word “innovation.”

The highlight of this book is to introduce the new term to the word “innovation.” The book reveals the word in a gentle context or so called “Soft Innovation” which is a modification of aesthetics and senses, which significantly creates value.

In today’s world, there are new products which people consider innovative. However, when we examine deeply, the authentic innovation or the element that improves the technological scene of the products or “Hard Innovation” might take only 10% of the whole process. The rest 90% go to other parts including designing, use of aesthetics, and marketing methods.

Once we can relinquish the same old idea that innovation only comes from the use of science and technology, we, the Thais, can seize the opportunity to promote innovation. We are a nation with refinement, creativity, and more importantly with tenderness. Therefore, we can capture the hearts of our audiences and present to them the attractive information, which is considered another high value.

If you have met someone who still considers innovation as a touchable one, a use of science and technology or something that has never existed, please inspire them by giving them this book, and it will show them “the world of science and art of innovation.”